Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tag... You're It!

Florida Power Corp Asset Tag Telephone Pole
I am not sure why I find this picture so compelling. Perhaps the tags get me. Perhaps the realization that this was once a living tree. Or is it just the textures. Perhaps it is the old versus new dichotomy presented by the different tags.

At the moment, I just don't know. If you know what it says to you, let me know. And if I figure out what it is for me, I'll let you know. Meantime, I hope you enjoy the look. And if you are wondering... this is my take on the tags, starting from the top:

FPC stands for Florida Power Corporation. A57119 is an asset tag. That is for their accounting system. The small tag below that looks like it says 91 on it. I am going to guess this is the year this pole was put into service. Osmose 2007 I believe refers to a branded test or treatment, and 2007 would be the year it was last performed on this pole. Wood-fume, I believe is the treatment or test name, specifically, that was performed on this pole.

Aren't you glad you asked?